Saturday, August 4, 2018

CROSSING THE BAR - ALFRED LORD TENNYSON

CROSSING THE BAR -  LORD TENNYSON - ARNI RANO DAISY MAYHEM VERSION
G    C          D           G              C           D         G                                    C           D        G
Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me … May there be no moaning of the bar,
         Em     D        G
When I put out to sea.
                      C       G             Em       D      G                                          C           D        Em
When I put out to sea, When I put out to sea, And may there be no moaning of the bar,
           C        D      G
When I put out to sea.
                  C         D                          G          C            D            G
But such a tide as moving seems asleep, Too full for sound and foam,
                                C                       D                  G   Em        D    G
When that which drew from out the boundless deep   Turns again home.   
             C       G        Em       D    G                                         C             D                            Em
Turns again home, turns again home  When that which drew from out the boundless deep
C          D       G
Turns again home.



             C            D          G             C      D          G                                        C          D          G       
Twi -  light and evening bell, And after that the dark!       (may there be no) sadness of farewell,
           Em  D    G
When I       embark.  
              C    G                 D     G                                      C        D        Em              C  D   G
When I embark, when I embark.     May there be no sadness of farewell, When I embark.
                         C            D                           G              Em            D          G
For tho’ from out our bourne of Time and Place The flood may bear me far,
                C        D                      G                        Em         D            G
I hope to see my Pilot  ( face to face)           When I have crossed the bar.  


No comments:

Post a Comment