Thursday, June 24, 2021

THAT'S THAT - MICHAEL JOHNSON

 

That’s That - Michael Johnson

Em A Em D A

Theres a quarter moon thats laying up on the ridge

Em D Em D A

And he's making up his mind To rise or to set

Em A Em D A

Theres a lot of water flowing Under his ridge

Em A Em D A

Theres a voice inside me saying Get your feet wet


Chorus

D Bm

Cuz thats that I can scream I can shout

G A

I can cry my eyes out But he's not coming back

D Bm D

Thats that I can hope I can pray

G A D Em D A

But he's still gone away And he's not coming back Thats that


Em A Em D A

Theres a weeping willow On the outskirts of town

Em A Em D A

Where I took a pocket knife And carved out our names

Em A Em D A

In the morning I am gonna Cut that tree down

Em A Em D A

build a fire And watch us go up in flames


Chorus

Am Em D

Oo o ohhhh There's a lonesome whisper in the wind.

Am Em D

Oo o ohhhh I can't take the season end.....but then


Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment