Monday, April 2, 2018

WAGON WHEEL - BOB DYLAN, KETCH SECOR

WAGON WHEEL - Bob Dylan & Ketch Secor

G  D  Em  C   G  D  Em  C    G  D      [ C 1&2&3    1   1    5/2   5/0 ]       G

G                                          D                                    Em                                 C
Heading down south to the land of the pines     I'm thumbing my way into North Caroline
G                                     D                            C                          G                          
Staring up the road and pray to God I see headlights           I made it down the coast
     D                             Em                                 C  
in seventeen hours    Picking me a bouquet of dogwood flowers
                   G                                    D                      C
And I'm a-hopin' for Raleigh, I can see my baby tonight

      G                                    D                       Em                               C
So rock me momma like a wagon wheel   Rock me momma any way you feel
G   D                 C            5/2   5/0      G                                        D                                                           
Hey,  momma rock me                   Rock me momma like the wind and the rain   
Em                                      C                              G   D                 C
Rock me  momma like a south bound train    Hey,  momma rock me


G          D      Em         C        G udu    D  C udu   C D     G        D         Em    C    G udu   D           G udu    G
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

G                                    D                                          Em                                C
Running from the cold up in New England   I was born to be a fiddler in an old time string band
   G                               D                      C                 G                                          D
My baby plays a guitar, I pick a banjo now   Oh, north country winters keep a-getting me down
   Em                                                C                                      G                               D    
I lost my money playing poker so I had to leave town  But I ain't turning back to living that old 
           C
life no more  CHORUS

G                                         D                    Em                                                   C
Walkin' to the south out of Roanoke    I caught a trucker out of Philly had a nice long toke
    G                                               D                                   C
But he's a heading west from the Cumberland gap   To Johnson City, Tennessee
      G                                   D                          Em                                                          C                           
And I gotta get a move on before the sun    I hear my baby call my name and I know she’s
         G                               D                      C
And if I died in Raleigh at least I will die free             CHORUS 2X

No comments:

Post a Comment