Tuesday, October 22, 2019

MANDOLIN RAIN - BRUCE HORNSBY

MANDOLIN RAIN - BRUCE HORNSBY - (No capo)


        G/B  G/B  Am  G/B                    D                  Am        G/B     C
The song came and went    Like the times that we spent       Hiding out
               D                      C                G/B  D     G               Am  G/B
from the rain under the carnival tent              I laughed and  he  smiled
               D             Am    G/B            C                     D                        C         G/B 
It would last for a while  You don't know what you got till you lose it all again 


Chorus
                      Am7                 G/B                         Em7                     D
Listen to the mandolin rain,       Listen to the music on the lake
G/B                Am7           G/B                             C             G/B
Listen to my heart break        every time    he goes away
                      Am7         G/B                          Em7            D
Listen to the banjo wind    A sad song       drifting low
G/B                Am7        G/B                                        C          G/B  D
Listen to the tears roll           down my face as  he turns to go


    G/B G/B Am   G/B       D                                        C    G/B          C
A cool evening   dance     Listening to the bluegrass band takes the chill 
                D                C                       G/B  D G/B G/B Am  G/B    D                             Am
From the air till they play the last song            I'll   do    my  time    Keeping you off my mind
                   C                     D                    C                         G/B  
But there's moments that I find,   I'm not feeling too strong              CHORUS

- Bridge:
F                                       C                             Am7                        C            D
Running on down by the lake shore     He did love the sound of a summer storm
F                                           C                            Am7              C                  D    
(Playin on the lake)   like a mandolin   Now its  washing him away once again

           Am7  G  Em7  D          Am7   G   C   G  D
Whoa Again                                              CHORUS

 G/B  G/B  Am    G/B       D                             Am7 G/B        C                       D
Boat's steaming    in  I    watch the sidewheel spin   and      I think about him when
                    C             G/B D G/B                Am G/B      D                Am7  G/B         C
I hear the whistle blow            I can't change my mind  I knew all the   time  that  he'd go
                    D                    Am7     G/B  
But that's a choice I made long ago                  CHORUS


End is open strums in the following sentences:

Am7   G   Em7  D……….. Am7   G   C    G…………    Am7  G  Em7   D……
Am7  G   Pause  C   G

No comments:

Post a Comment