Thursday, October 5, 2017

BALLAD OF UPSY DAISY - JONATHAN EDWARDS

BALLAD OF UPSY DAISY - Jonathan Edwards

  G                                                                                    D                 G
I start out down at the bottom of the hill   Chasing that fantasy free thrill
                                                                                                              D                G
And I'm rushing, and rushing, and rushing up the hill - Chasing that fantasy free thrill

CHORUS:
Em      D         C                  G     Em     D                A           D   4/0  4/0  5/3  5/3 5/2  5/2  5/0 4/0
Upsy daisy - Sweet as can be  Sweet upsy daisy stay with me
          G                                                                                  D                  G
And I'll bring you flowers most every day   Sweet upsy daisy please stay

                                                                                                                                      D         G
And I'm rushing right down on that steel barbed wire - and I'm headed right for that fence of fire
                                                                                                            D               G
And I grab right ahold of that 'lectric wire - But the wire grabbed a whole tug of me  CHORUS

                                                                                                                 D               G
Running down the road and I'm trucking my clothes - and my body is feeling like light
                                                                                                                      D           G
And the sheriff comes along and I get lassoed  And he throws them silver cuffs on tight  CHORUS

                                                                                      D                            G
Oh, I spent 5 days in the Pomeroy Jail   It's Saturday night and I'm out on bail
                                                                                                                    D                              G
I'm  (going findin)g the arms of the one that I love  I'm going finding the arms of the one that I love

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment