Sunday, January 7, 2018

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE - JOHN DENVER

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE - JOHN DENVER            2 - 14
                                          
             G                                       C                            G                           C
All my bags are packed     I'm ready to go    I'm standin' here outside your door
    G                       Em                 Am  D             G                                 C
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye   But the dawn is breakin'    It's early morn
       G                             C                             G                 Em                         Am  D
The taxi's waitin'   He's blowin' his horn  Already I'm so lonesome   I could die

       G                        C                             G                                             C
SO KISS ME AND SMILE FOR ME, TELL ME THAT YOU’LL WAIT FOR ME
G                                             Em                        Am  D                       G            C
HOLD ME LIKE YOU’LL NEVER LET ME GO.  CAUSE I’M LEAVIN ON A JET 
                G                              C                                     G          Em                           Am D
PLANE  DON’T KNOW IF I’LL BE BACK AGAIN…OH BABE I HATE TO GO.

                 G                         C                       G                         C                          G
There's so many times I've let you down  So many times I've played around    I tell you now
Em                        Am  D          G                   C                              G                      C
they don't mean a thing   Ev'ry place I go, I'll think of you   Ev'ry song I sing, I'll sing for you
         G                    Em                               Am   D
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring          CHORUS

               G                    C                               G                               C
Now the time has come for me to leave you  One more time  Just let me kiss you
          G                           Em                 Am  D  G                         C
Then close your eyes and I'll be on my way     Dream about the days to come
         G                        C                     G                   Em                    Am   D
When I won't have to leave alone   About the times, I won't have to say             CHORUS

                                                                                           D udud    +Pinky     D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment