Tuesday, July 3, 2018

DUMB THINGS - PAUL KELLY

Dumb Things - Paul Kelly  Capo 1  (fingerstyle - 3 counts for most of song, 2 sets of 3 beats for most of chorus.  Very heavy accent on beat one of the 3 all the way through.

(Am   Em) (Am   Em) (Am   Em) (Am  G/B)

Am           Em          Am       Em            Am     Em              Am            G/B      
Welcome  stranger    to the show          I'm the one who      should be ly-ing low
Am           Em                     Am          Em           Am                   Em
Saw the    knives out,         turned my back       Heard the train coming
Am              G/B
stayed out     on the track

F   [6]                     C    [6]                     Em                         F  [3]      G  [1]  Em  [1]
In the middle,       in the middle          In the middle of a dream
  Am  [3]  Em [3]         F   [3]          C [1]       Em   [6]                 Am [3]  Em [3]
I lost my shirt,       I pawned my rings         I've done all the    dumb things


Am             Em        Am          Em          Am           Em            Am                G/B
Caught the fever,     heard the tune       Thought I loved it,    thought I could do no wrong
Am        Em           Am           Em       Am             Em         Am                       G/B
Started howling,     made no sense    Thought my friends    would come    to my defense

Chorus

Am      Em              Am      Em           Am                           Em        Am                G/B
And I get all your   good advice         Don't stop me from going     through these things twice
Am         Em              Am         Em        Am                 Em            Am        G/B
I see the knives out    turn my back      hear the train coming,       stay out on the track

Chorus

Am        Em       F            C             G             D         Am    Em
I melted wax to fix my wings         I’ve done all the dumb things
Am           Em    F          C                G            D           Am     Em   Am  Em
I threw my hat into the ring            I’ve done all the dumb things
Am               Em      F        C            G              D         Am      Em
I thought that I just had to sing        I've done all the dumb things

(Am   Em) (Am   Em) (Am   Em) (Am  G/B)

No comments:

Post a Comment