Thursday, July 5, 2018

FRIEND OF THE DEVIL - JERRY GARCIA

FRIEND OF THE DEVIL - JERRY GARCIA - CAPO 4

G  G/F#  Em  C  C/B  5/0  G


G    G/F#         Em                    C             C/B        5/0  G       G        G/F#   Em
I lit out from Reno    I was trailed by twenty hounds    Didn't get to sleep that night 
               C          C/B  5/0  G
Till the morning came around
   D                                                                 Am
I set out running but I take my time    A friend of the Devil is a friend of mine 
   D                                                Am                                        D (4X)
If I get home before daylight   I just might get some sleep tonight   

G    G/F#           Em                        C                C/B     5/0  G    G     G/F#                Em            C
Ran into the Devil babe and he loaned me twenty bills.  Spent the night in Utah, in a cave
C/B  5/0   G
up in the hills.  CHORUS

 G    G/F#              Em                        C        C/B         5/0  G          G            G/F#         Em
I ran down to the levee   But the Devil caught me there   He took my twenty-dollar bill 
               C         C/B  5/0 G
And he vanished in the air  CHORUS
D                                                                                     C
Got two reasons why I cry    away each lonely night   First one's named sweet Ann Marie 
                                                D
and she's my heart's delight   Second one is prison, baby   the sheriff's on my trail 
       Am                                             C                               
And if he catches up with me   I'll spend my life in jail  (D RIFF)
G    G/F#            Em                          C     C/B  5/0  G        G      G/F#                Em
Got a wife in Cheno, babe   And one in Cherokee    First one says she's got my child 
        C       C/B      5/0 G
But it don't look like me   CHORUS   (THEN D RIFF PLUS RIFF 2)
D RIFF
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RIFF 2
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment