Friday, September 22, 2017

DON’T CRY CRY BLUE - JONATHAN EDWARDS

DON’T CRY CRY BLUE - JONATHAN EDWARDS

 G                                                       Em                    C
I heard them engines running on the road away from home
                                 D                    G
Sound like thunder calling out my name
                                                          Em                     C
I listened hard the first time that I    heard them roll along
                                 D                    G
 I listened and I've never been the same

                         D                                         C     G   D
Don't cry cry blue Because I'm coming home to you
               G                                                           Em                   C                                   D   G
Well I walked with you this morning and I'll sleep with you tonight  Don't cry cry blue

                                                   Em                     C
Highways just a two-lane road connecting either way
        D                                             G
I've seen enough of this end for awhile
                                                 Em                 C
I've got to go the distance til I know I see a change
        D                      C                   G
I've got to know the feel of every mile  CHORUS

                                                     Em                   C
When my head is aching full of everywhere I've been
                               D                       G
Oh I turn my face around the other way
                                              Em                    C
I'll meet you at the mailbox, read you all my cards
                            D                  G
Tell you what I really meant to say       CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment