Monday, March 13, 2017

KEEP ME FROM BLOWING AWAY - LINDA RONSTADT


KEEP ME FROM BLOWING AWAY - Linda Ronstadt


         G                      G/F              Em                    G7/D
I've spent my whole lifetime in a world where the sunshine
            C              C/B               Am
made excuses for not hanging 'round
         D7              C                         D7/B         D7
I've squandered emotions on the slightest of notions
                            D7/B         G
and the first easy loving I've found
  G                 G/F                 Em                  G7/D        
Soon all the good times, the gay times and play times
         C              C/B            Am
like colors run together and fade

Chorus:
        D7            C              D7/B             D7
Oh Lord if you hear me, touch me and hold me
                              D7/B     G
and keep me from blowing away

            G                      G/F                    Em               G7/D
There’s times that I've trembled and my mind's remembered
         C                 C/B        Am
the days that just crumbled away
            D7          C                     D7/B          D7
With nothing to show but these lines that I know
                            D7/B        G
are beginning to show in my face
       G                     G/F               Em                G7/D
So Lord if you're listenin' you know I'm no christian
          C                    C/B        Am
and I ain't got much coming to me
       D7                    C               D7/B           D7
So send down some sunshine, throw out a lifeline
                               D7B      G        
And keep me from blowing away

Chorus    C  G

No comments:

Post a Comment