Saturday, March 11, 2017

MANDOLIN RAIN - BRUCE HORNSBY

MANDOLIN RAIN - BRUCE HORNSBY - (No capo)
G/B 020033,  Em7  022030,  D/F#  200230

        G             Am7   G/B                 D                    Am7
The song came and went Like the times that we spent
G/B     C                   D                      C                 G  D
Hiding out from the rain under the carnival tent
    G               Am7  G/B                     D             Am7
I laughed and she smiled   It would last for a while
G/B           C                       D                          C          G D
You don't know what you got till you lose it all again

Chorus
                        Am7        G                             Em7                    D
Listen to the mandolin rain, Listen to the music on the lake
        G                    Am7           G                D             C              G
Oh, Listen to my heart break        every time she runs away
D                     Am7          G                             Em7            D
Listen to the banjo wind    A sad song       drifting low
G                    Am7        G                                            C          G  D
Listen to the tears roll           down my face as she turns to go
     G     Am7       G/B
A cool evening dance
D                        Am7        C      G/B          C
Listening to the bluegrass band takes the chill
                D                C                         G   D   G       Am  G/B
From the air till they play the last song             I'll do my time
D                               Am7
Keeping you off my mind
G/B             C                     D                            C                         G  D
But there's moments that I find,          I'm not feeling too strong
(Chorus)
- Bridge:
F                                       C
Running on down by the lakeshore
              Am7                        C            D
She did love the sound of a summer storm
F                                           C
(Playin on the lake)   like a mandolin  Now its

   G/B            Am7  C     D         Am7    D/F#              Am7  G  Em7  D
washing her away once again                         Whoa Again
Am7   G   C   G

(Chorus)

        G              Am7   G/B    D                           Am7  G/B
The boat's steaming in  I    watch the sidewheel spin and
   C                      D                        C                 G  D
I think about her when I hear the whistle blow
G                   Am7 G/B      D                Am7  G/B         C
I can't change my mind  I knew all the time that she'd go
                    D                    Am7     G  D
But that's a choice I made long ago
(Chorus)

End is open strums in the following sentences:

Am7   G   Em7  D.
Am7   G   C       G
D
Am7  G  Em7   D.
Am7  G   Pause  C   G

No comments:

Post a Comment